January 11, 2023
A. Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect personal information from you when you engage with our Services. Specifically, we collect personal information from you when you:
- Contact us. When you contact us or submit an inquiry, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and telephone number) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services.
- Create an account. If you create an account with worX, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, location, telephone number, and gender) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, educational history, skills, and references). We use this personal information to create and maintain your account, to communicate with you, and to facilitate your access to the Services. Once your account is created with worX, you have the ability to use your account to apply for available jobs. To do so, we will use the provided personal information to facilitate your application with prospective employers and to match you with positions that may be suitable for you. We will also use this personal information to create deidentified statistics about applicants to improve the Services.
- Engage with our employment tests. worX provides tests to provide you with job recommendations that best suit you and to match you with prospective employers. In doing so, we will ask you questions to make inferences on your personality attributes, such as creativity, leadership, focus, and competitiveness. worX combines this information with your personal identifiers and professional or employment information to create inferences on your characteristics, behavior, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We use these inferences to provide you with personalized job recommendations.
- Participate in self-interviews. If you participate in a self-interview, we will capture audio and video recording of you, as well as your responses on your professional or employment information. We use this personal information to facilitate your application for various job positions.
In our processing of your personal information, we may also use your personal information to efficiently maintain our business and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
Facebook Login Data Usage
When user is authenticating via Facebook in our app, we collect user's email, first name and last name. We store this data in order to send personalized emails to the users when we find matching jobs for them or help them create their own worxspaces.
A. Deleting Account
Inside iOS and Android mobile apps, in the settings section (users can go there by clicking the "Hamburger" menu icon at the top-left corner in the app) users can find the "Delete Account" button, that will erase all the information collected by us about the candidate from social sign ins and other data too that was manually put by the user in the app.
B. Information Collected From Third-Party Sources
You have the option to log into the Services using your existing credentials with Apple, Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn. If you choose this option, we will receive an encrypted token from the relevant third-party. This token carries information about you and may include personal identifiers such as username/account ID, name, email address, and telephone number. We use this personal information only to authenticate your identity and facilitate your login. If you choose to log in through a third-party service, the third-party service will receive information that you are logging into the Services as well as additional information including when and how long the Services is active on your device. The relevant third-party will use this information in accordance with their respective privacy practices.
If you participate in an interview with a prospective employer, we will receive from the prospective employer inferences drawn from your interview, such as thoughts on your behavior, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We use this personal information to assess your suitability for other open positions and provide you with personalized recommendations. We also use this personal information to create a profile for the position to identify viable candidates.
C. Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide directly to us, we also collect information from you automatically as you use the Services. This includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information:
- Usage information. This includes information about your interaction with the Services, such as pages visited, frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined by your IP address.
- Device information. This includes information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, we use necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies. We use the collected information to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Services and enhance user experience; (ii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; (iii)prevent fraudulent use of the Services; (iv) diagnose Services errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; and (v) remember your preferences. Particular cookies on our Services to note include:
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook's Data Usage Policy. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- LinkedIn Insight Tag. We use the LinkedIn Insight Tag to receive campaign reporting and to help us gain insight about visitors to our Services. We use this information to track conversions and provide targeted advertising. You can opt-out of the LinkedIn Insight Tag in your LinkedIn settings page.
Our emails also contain cookies and other technologies that allow us to determine certain actions taken by the recipient, such as opens and clicks. To do so, our email provider collects technical information associated with the email, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating system. You can disable this tracking at any time by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Within worX. We may share your personal information within worX corporate family, including with subsidiaries or affiliates, for legitimate business purposes, to efficiently carry out our business, and to the extent permitted by law.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- For legal purposes. We will share your personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With employers. If you apply for a position, we will share your personal information with the prospective employer to facilitate your application. We may also share your personal information with prospective employers that you are good fit for based on your personal identifiers, professional or employment information, and results of your employment tests.
- With service providers for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your personal identifiers, professional or employment information, and internet and other electronic network activity information to our service providers that assist us in providing the Services. These service providers include our IT support, email provider, cloud provider, and customer support provider.
- With IT for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your internet and other electronic network activity information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair Services errors, and to update, maintain, and improve the Services.
- For a sale.
- worX uses certain analytics and advertising cookies on the Services. These cookies collect your internet and other electronic network activity information and share it with the providers that provide the cookies. This use of your personal information may be a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of this sharing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For advertising purposes, we share information about you to generate a “lookalike audience” of prospective consumers of our Services through Facebook, Google, or other advertising platforms. This allows us to target advertisements on their network to potential consumers who appear to have similar demographics to our existing consumers. For these purposes, we provide the advertising platforms with your personal identifiers and professional or employment information. These companies may keep and use your personal information for their own purposes. To opt-out of this sharing, please contact us at email@example.com .
GENERAL INFORMATION CHOICES
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
- Correct or view your personal information. You can access your worX account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
- Marketing emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Services or any assistance you request.
- Push notifications. If you have enabled push notification on our mobile application, you may disable these at any time by updating your device settings.
- Uninstall our mobile application. You can stop all further collection of your personal information by the mobile application by uninstalling the mobile application.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding 12 months. You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt-out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. worX does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of 16 years.
- Right to non-discrimination. To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. To opt-out of cookies, please visit our Cookie Management Platform. For requests submitted via email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
RIGHTS OF NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a web browser setting that informs website that you do not want to be tracked.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. These security measures include access controls and encryption. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at email@example.com.